88 Anger Quotes And Anger Sayings
1. When you are offended at any man’s fault, turn to yourself and study your own failings. Then you will forget your anger.
2. Anger is a short madness.
3. The deferring of anger is the best antidote to anger.
4. For every minute you remain angry, you give up sixty seconds of peace of mind.
5. One should not lose one’s temper unless one is certain of getting more and more angry to the end.
6. There is nothing that so much gratifies an ill tongue as when it finds an angry heart.
7. No man can think clearly when his fists are clenched.
8. Anger makes us feel so isolated.
9. Forgiveness is the economy of the heart… forgiveness saves the expense of anger, the cost of hatred, the waste of spirits.
10. In times of great stress or adversity, it’s always best to keep busy, to plow your anger and your energy into something positive.
11. Holding on to anger, resentment and hurt only gives you tense muscles, a headache and a sore jaw from clenching your teeth. Forgiveness gives you back the laughter and the lightness in your life.
12. You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger.
13. Anger makes dull men witty, but it keeps them poor.
14. An angry man opens his mouth and shuts his eyes.
15. If a small thing has the power to make you angry, does that not indicate something about your size?
16. Let us not look back in anger, nor forward in fear, but around in awareness.
17. Anger is one of the sinews of the soul.
18. I know, to banish anger altogether from one’s breast is a difficult task. It cannot be achieved through pure personal effort. It can be done only by God’s grace.
19. We should meet abuse by forbearance. Human nature is so constituted that if we take absolutely no notice of anger or abuse, the person indulging in it will soon weary of it and stop.
20. The more anger towards the past you carry in your heart, the less capable you are of loving in the present.
21. Anger cannot be dishonest.
22. Anger is the most impotent of passions. It effects nothing it goes about, and hurts the one who is possessed by it more than the one against whom it is directed.
23. Anger is like those ruins which smash themselves on what they fall.
24. Every time you get angry, you poison your own system.
25. Anybody can become angry – that is easy, but to be angry with the right person and to the right degree and at the right time and for the right purpose, and in the right way – that is not within everybody’s power and is not easy.
26. Anger, if not restrained, is frequently more hurtful to us than the injury that provokes it.
27. Never do anything when you are in a temper, for you will do everything wrong.
28. Anger dwells only in the bosom of fools.
29. When angry count to ten before you speak. If very angry, count to one hundred.
30. He that would be angry and sin not, must not be angry with anything but sin.
31. How often it is that the angry man rages denial of what his inner self is telling him.
32. One’s anger is one’s greatest enemy and one’s calmness is one’s protection.
33. I think my passion is misinterpreted as anger sometimes. And I don’t think people are ready for the message that I’m delivering, and delivering with a sense of violent love.
34. There’s nothing wrong with anger provided you use it constructively.
35. Hurt leads to bitterness, bitterness to anger, travel too far that road and the way is lost.
36. When anger rises, think of the consequences.
37. It is impossible for you to be angry and laugh at the same time. Anger and laughter are mutually exclusive and you have the power to choose either.
38. Never go to bed mad. Stay up and fight.
39. Hatred is an affair of the heart contempt that of the head.
40. An action committed in anger is an action doomed to failure.
41. Experiencing sadness and anger can make you feel more creative, and by being creative, you can get beyond your pain or negativity.
42. The smarter you get, the more you realize anger is not worth it.
43. Keep your temper. A decision made in anger is never sound.
44. Anger and intolerance are the enemies of correct understanding.
45. A hand ready to hit, may cause you great trouble.
46. Keep cool anger is not an argument.
47. A wonderful emotion to get things moving when one is stuck is anger. It was anger more than anything else that had set me off, roused me into productivity and creativity.
48. Bitterness is like cancer. It eats upon the host. But anger is like fire. It burns it all clean.
49. Generally speaking, if a human being never shows anger, then I think something’s wrong. He’s not right in the brain.
50. Love implies anger. The man who is angered by nothing cares about nothing.
51. The ignorant mind, with its infinite afflictions, passions, and evils, is rooted in the three poisons. Greed, anger, and delusion.
52. Fire in the heart sends smoke into the head.
53. Expressing anger is a form of public littering.
54. Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.
55. Anger: an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured.
56. A man that studieth revenge keeps his own wounds green.
57. When angry, count to four when very angry, swear.
58. Anger is a killing thing: it kills the man who angers, for each rage leaves him less than he had been before – it takes something from him.
59. Always write angry letters to your enemies. Never mail them.
60. A quarrelsome man has no good neighbours.
61. Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured.
62. Man should forget his anger before he lies down to sleep.
63. How much more grievous are the consequences of anger than the causes of it.
64. Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret.
65. A man who has never made a woman angry is a failure in life.
66. Be not angry that you cannot make others as you wish them to be, since you cannot make yourself as you wish to be.
67. Fair peace becomes men ferocious anger belongs to beasts.
68. Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else you are the one who gets burned.
69. The world needs anger. The world often continues to allow evil because it isn’t angry enough.
70. I know of no more disagreeable situation than to be left feeling generally angry without anybody in particular to be angry at.
71. Anger is the enemy of non-violence and pride is a monster that swallows it up.
72. Anger is often more hurtful than the injury that caused it.
73. To be angry is to let others’ mistakes punish yourself.
74. I lose my temper, but it’s all over in a minute,” said the student. “So is the hydrogen bomb,” I replied. “But think of the damage it produces!
75. I was angered, for I had no shoes. Then I met a man who had no feet.
76. Anger is a wind which blows out the lamp of the mind.
77. Never contend with a man who has nothing to lose.
78. Discussion is an exchange of knowledge an argument an exchange of ignorance.
79. In our daily life, we encounter people who are angry, deceitful, intent only on satisfying their own needs. There is so much anger, distrust, greed, and pettiness that we are losing our capacity to work well together.
80. Whatever is begun in anger ends in shame.
81. Anger is a manifestation of a deeper issue… and that, for me, is based on insecurity, self-esteem and loneliness.
82. There’s nothing wrong with anger provided you use it constructively.
83. Hurt leads to bitterness, bitterness to anger, travel too far that road and the way is lost.
84. He who angers you conquers you.
85. Anger ventilated often hurries towards forgiveness anger concealed often hardens into revenge.
86. The greatest remedy for anger is delay.
87. Guilt is anger directed at ourselves – at what we did or did not do. Resentment is anger directed at others – at what they did or did not do.
88. There are two things a person should never be angry at, what they can help, and what they cannot.